Hi everyone! It’s been a while since last time I posted here. Every year is the same: my witchy side wakes up at Ostara and goes quiet after Samhain. For me, Winter is a time to rest and spend time on my own. During Winter, I still practice witchcraft, I do Tarot spreads, I read books about Witchcraft and Druidry, and I study a lot, but I’m less social!
Here is the video of my Travel Altar, or Portable Altar. In this video, you’ll first see the concept art that I did while building my travel altar. The result has changed a little, but most of it remains the same. At the very end of the video, I’m showing a page of my personal Grimoire on Travel Altar (This is not my Book of Shadows). FYI: My Grimoire is two large Microsoft Word documents. The first document is 885 pages long at the moment, and deals with Theoretical Studies and Practical Magick on Witchcraft and Druidry. The second document is 523 pages (and very incomplete) about Divination and Spirituality. My Book of Shadows is a personal handwritten journal/diary with my experiences and ideas.
My Travel Altar has these items:
- A wand (Tool of Air)
- An athame (Tool of Fire)
- A chalice (Tool of Water)
- A pentacle (Tool of Earth) (Not shown in the video, I forgot it on my shelf!)
- A censer with cone incense(Element of Air)
- A candle with a box of matches (Element of Fire)
- A bowl for Water and Salt (Element of Water and Earth)
- Two container for Water and Salt (The one for water is empty in the video)
- A spoon (always handy, for the salt of any ingredient needed for a spellcraft)
- A Mortar & Pestle (always handy for doing spells on the go)
- Crystals (these can be changed depending of the needs for the ritual)
- A notebook with a pencil to add notes that will be reported back in my Book of Shadows
- A bottle of whiskey as offerings to the deities/ancestors and for the cake & ale part of the ritual
- A Ouija board and a planchette (because, why not?!!)
I could have added a pendulum, or a mini set of runes, but those can be added for the occasion. Also, I sometimes add a small quantity of herbs or any other items needed for a particular spell, if I need to do one. If I only need to do a Sabbat or an Esbat ritual, the box is complete as it is! Hope you enjoy the video and blessed be!